I’ll make the points separately.
1. Many amateurs initiate the downswing or come into impact by standing up.
2. Johnny Miller said that keeping or even adding flex to the knees through impact can help you hit irons crisply and it may cause the head to lower slightly.
3. I happen to agree with this idea and used Byron Nelson as an example.
4. This idea of Miller’s is not to be confused with what Tiger does. Which is get too much extension on the takeaway, then on the down swing arch his neck and bend more at the waist to make his head lower…and I said he gets away with this on irons, but not so much with driver.
5. I do believe ams who satnd up and either hip thrust, or thin irons can benefit from this idea of knee flex.