(Please respond to my request at the end.)
I have walked the line between arrogance and false modesty for quite a while now and I am through with that. I am crossing the line into “I know better,” because no one has what I have or done what I have done.
In the coming weeks and months, I am going to be posting more videos and doing articles that get to the root of the problems that people of all skill levels have.
I am going to simplify the entire swing into two basic concepts that will work as long as your setup is decent.
1. “The Power Tilt”
2. “The Connected Rolling Release”
I know…cheesy catch phrases, but I am willing to sell out a bit in order to get my point across.
Most of the problems I have had with my game were two fold.
1. I got all the wrong info and based my swing on old and incorrect assumptions and cliches. I have tried to dispel as many as possible because this is the problem most amateurs have and what I have with most of my students. Correcting all the incorrect preconceptions.
2. I have used myself an a guinea pig to figure out what’s right, what’s wrong, what’s simple, what works and what can be universal. I have taken some wrong turns in figuring things out. I am close to rediscovering my high level of golf and it’s some of doing what I have figured out …but mostly it’s mental and regaining some confidence.
No more flinching at shots of all shapes and sizes…just committing to them.
I want to give you the information you want. You will not hear me boast about being an expert on biomechanics, ball flight laws, Trackman data or any other technical data…though I believe I have a necessary understanding of all these subjects to do one thing…
I believe I have become one of the leading authorities on how to make things easier on how to hit the ball farther, better and in the simplest way.
Seems like a large boast, but what other person can claim…
1. World Long Drive Champion
2. PGA Tour level golf
3. Thousand of hours of study of golf swings of all skill levels
4. Intense study of the ideas of old and new golf swing theories and data
5. My skills to use as a laboratory in clinical trials
I have broken down my swing and rebuilt it several times and through study and trial and error and I have found what is important. My swing is still a work in progress as I get rid of all the stupid stuff that still infests it.
I believe I am the only instructor out there that can boast a resume that has a history of high level success of hitting the ball far and shooting scores in tournaments.
Couple that with me having the will and fortitude to put myself out there in both tournament and long drive competitions to learn from failures to gain even more insight.
Put all of this together and you have an individual that has all the tools, desires and lack of fear to produce results.
What I need from all of you is this…
Tell me what you want to know. What can simplify the game for you? What misconceptions would you like me to disprove? What shots would you like to see me hitting on the course and explaining in a video?
Anything I can do to help you understand something or make your game better.
I still have some on the list from when I asked this at the end of last year and I will get to all of them (have done about 3/4 so far).
I only have a small following now, but it is hard to argue that anyone out there has more to offer in this arena than I do as far as knowledge, accomplishments and willingness to fail in real life situations in order to learn.