I realize yesterday’s post was weak and this one isn’t going to be anything to write home about. My wife went out of town and I have the baby by myself, so there isn’t a lot of time for profound thought.
Tomorrow I am going to give a list of things I think are important to hit the ball farther, but also lower your handicap.
I will leave you with this today. Have some fun by changing things up.
1. Play a round from the red tees and see how low you can shoot.
2. Play without your even numbered irons.
3. Play a round where you hit every shot to the dead center of the green and see what you shoot.
4. Play a round where you hit driver on every hole, no matter how tight.
5. Play a round from a forward tee where you hit no woods.
6. Play a round where you chip with a less lofted club from every shot and work on your touch.
7. Play a round where you casually check the yardage. “Yea, that 150 plate is about 15 yards in front of me.”
8. Play a round where you don’t check any yardages inside of 100 yards.
9. Play a round where you check a putt from different angles than you normally do.
10. Play a round where you think of nothing but balance and rhythm.
Try any or all of these things and see what it does to your score. I bet you will be surprised.